Microfiction


Drabble: 100 words

Dreams

In class, I looked at him across the room and threw a crumpled up piece of paper at him with my handwriting in it. He opened it and smiled. 

I woke up. 


I chased after him but once I touched his back, he disappeared. 

I woke up. 


I could hear his voice but he was nowhere to be found. I was in darkness. 

I woke up. 


Why do I keep having dreams about this boy I do not know? Is he merely a memory so strong I can not seem to get rid of, or does it mean something more? 


Six-word Story: 

Waking up 

Heartbreakingly, it was only a dream. 


Author's note: These stories are about dreams, and how they might have a hidden meaning to them. Sometimes we have nightmares that we never want to think of again, but sometimes we have dreams where we wish they were our reality. 

Comments

  1. I really like this microfiction. I could really relate to it. i always finding myself asking about my dreams and why I have recurring ones or why can't pick up where I left off. I liked your use of the word "heartbreakingly" for the 6 word story. It puts a lot of emphasis and emotion to the action of waking up from a great dream. This was great, good luck on your finals!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Plant Lover

Week 3 Story: Adam and Eve Retold