Growth Mindset

I have never heard of Carol Dweck or the growth mindset before this class. I have tried my best to have a growth mindset, especially during my classes at OU, but sometimes I feel defeated and feel like it is impossible to learn the material in the class (especially in my hard science courses.) I wish all teachers/professors would have this mindset and teach about the power of "not yet." I think it would be incredibly beneficial for their students. The hardest classes I have taken at OU are Human Anatomy and Human Physiology. I constantly felt overwhelmed with everything I had to learn, and like Carol said some people do, I would always see who got a worse grade on an exam to make myself feel a little better. There were some students who got 100s on the exams, and I constantly felt like I was dumb and in-cable of learning. Luckily I changed my mindset halfway through the class, and I started to do a lot better. It was very hard but I managed to get through it. After learning about the growth mindset, I feel inspired to change my mindset even more and believe in the power of "not yet!" 

The Growth Mindset | British soccer culture held that star p… | Flickr


Graphic on Fixed vs. Growth Mindset: Web source 




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Plant Lover

Week 3 Story: Adam and Eve Retold