My Favorite Place

There are so many beautiful places in the world that I have not yet been able to travel to. The places I have gone so far have taken my breath away, like the mountains and trees in Colorado, the countryside in Oklahoma, the beaches in Mexico, the caverns in New Mexico, and the cities and amusement parks in California. But when I think of my favorite place, only one place comes to mind! This place is my Nana's house in El Paso, Texas. I grew up in El Paso and moved to Oklahoma when I was 14 years old. El Paso will always be my home, and I love visiting from time to time. The culture of El Paso is heavily influenced by Mexico, since it borders the city of Juarez, Mexico. The food, culture, people, and my family and friends are the reasons why I love the city. 

I have made the best memories inside of my grandma's house. Every holiday was spent in that house, birthdays, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.! I look forward to visiting in the winter and walking through the doors of my Nana's house. She has many plants on her front porch (my favorite is the aloe vera that I cut a piece of every time I go), beautiful antiques all over the house, and old pictures of my family hung up on the walls. The smell of lemons from my Nana's tea in the morning, the sounds of pigeons cooing outside, and the feeling of being at home are what I long for. 

                                       (Image Information: photo of myself in downtown El Paso, Texas; 
                                                                        photo from July 2017)


(Image Information: photo of my Nana by her plants on her front porch.)


(Image Information: photo of Nana and I in her living room; 
photo from 2000.)


(Image Information: personal photo of my Nana's Christmas Tree;
photo from December 2015.)

Comments

  1. Oh, yay for El Paso, Natalia! We used to drive through El Paso on family travels going back and forth between Texas and Arizona, and I was always so curious about El Paso and that whole idea of being on the border and all the great cultural inventions that happen when different peoples, different languages, different histories come together to make something new. Those are such adorable pictures... and I can imagine some wonderful stories inspired by happy memories of your grandmother, the smell of lemons and the sound of pigeons cooing! (We had an actual lemon tree in our backyard in Arizona when I was little... that thought brings back memories!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Plant Lover

Week 9 Story: The Insect King