Comment Wall

 




Saint Therese of Lisieux

everyone! Here is the link to my story book:
Link 

Comments

  1. Hey Natalia, I really like your concept. I'm looking forward to reading about what kinds of inspiring stories this kid on a trip to the cathedral is going to read and if they are going to get caught. I wonder if they'll be able to read the stories all in one sitting or maybe they will have to start trying to sneak back into the cathedral to finish it up because they were found out. If these help them decide what they want to do with their life that would be really cool. Maybe they'll decide they want to be a historian so they can continue studying these people's lives. Also, on your home page you have an image of Joan of Arc, maybe having all 3 of the Saints would help balance out the look of the page and help fill the white space. I look forward to your future writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalia,
    I love the image you selected for your Storybook! It reflects nicely the whole cathedral theme that you are going for. Plus, I just love stained glass in general so it is truly a personal preference. As to your introduction, I have a few questions to start off with. What is this trip that our narrator is forced to go on? Is it a school trip? If you were to include the background for this trip, it would help ground your reader in the story better. In your introduction, you do an awesome job of helping your reader follow along with the narrator, but it would also be nice to see some more description of the cathedral itself. What does the sunlight look like as it filters through the windows onto the floor? Are there dust particles floating around? Are there even windows? Is the sheet on the glass box dusty and yellowed? Is the box well-lit? These are just some suggestions to really help your audience stand in the moment with your narrator. I'm already intrigued as to where this Storybook will go! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Natalia,
    I enjoyed the idea you have of discussing the folklore behind prominent female Saints. I like the medium you are choosing to talk about each saint. The idea of a journal will give each story a sense of personal connection with the individual from Christian belief. I used to be Catholic, and though I am no longer spiritual, I have fond memories of a picture book of Saints I had. It was like a mini encyclopedia of Saints and had a very factual dictation. I am curious to see what it is like to read about the Saints from their own perspective. One thing I would recommend is to read over your introduction piece-by-piece to catch any of those misspellings or grammatically incorrect phrasings. There are not many but it helps to comb through your work slowly and catch them. Overall though, I am excited to read this and was drawn in by the imagery you provided.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Natalia,

    I really like your rendition of St. Lucy's story, and I think writing in the style of diary entries was the perfect choice for your storybook! I hadn't heard this story before, so it was new to me, but I felt like I was reading the diary right next to the narrator, so good job with all your use of imagery and descriptions of what the narrator was thinking! I think the way you set everything up in the introduction felt very realistic and engaging. I wonder, did you deviate from the original story at all, or did everything you described about St. Lucy happen in the original? Either way, your telling shows creativity, and your writing style is solid. I can't wait to read your stories about St. Therese of Lisieux and St. Joan of Arc! Will you be telling them from the same point of view? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Natalia, I want to say immediately that I love your storybook, and I'm excited to read the rest of the diary entries. I'm not very familiar with Saints as I'm not personally religious, so reading your first entry with St. Lucy was definitely eye opening and also inspiring! I liked that you were able to convey her feelings and story through diary entries as it's more personal, if that makes sense? I enjoyed the small glimpse we got to see of her resolve, and how she never faltered in her faith. That said, I'd suggest just going back and looking for any spelling or grammar mistakes. Possibly also go through and choose whether you want to use contractions in your entries or not, just for consistency's sake! Other then that, the graphics and writing were put together very well in your storybook, and I'm excited to read your future stories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Natalia,
    I enjoy reading all your stories. Your storybook is so good to look at. The theme of it blends perfectly with your writing. You have used several images so well with the theme and it is easy to understand what you were trying to accomplish. Besides, your plots would never make me feel boring. They provide the motivation for me to continue reading forward. Moreover, the specific description in your story is vivid and interesting. For example, each character shows their unique personalities and characteristics. In my understanding, this is an important factor in a success story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, I absolutely love the design of your page. I like that you put up pictures of each of the saints you were going to talk about. I liked that you gave a little sentence of information on Saint Lucy. You should consider doing that for the other two saints on that first home page. I think that would just push your project more into the right direction. Furthermore, I loved the style you wrote in. The first person writing style really makes the stories come to life. I really enjoyed reading these stories and you are doing a great job. I didn't find much wrong that I thought needed correction so great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Natalia, first I thought it was very interesting and cool how your introduction is from the writer’s point of view. Most of the ones I have read so far have not been so that is awesome. I also thought it was very intriguing, The next thing I thought was very unique was how you actually wrote your stories as the saints wrote their diaries, with dates and all. Also adding in phrases from their language was really cool. Were the stories of these saints based off anything specific or did you just completely make them up? Either was I really enjoyed the stories of how they came about from their point of view. Overall, I really enjoyed your storybook and look forward to reading more of your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Natalia, I think it is really neat how your storybook is based on female saints. Also, going through your storybook, I thought that the pictures that you used for your storybook page were really good choices. I like how uniform it looks, and how each of the portraits contains very vibrant colors. I thought that chowing to have the portraits on the homepage was a very smart idea since it brightens up the page. In your stories, I like how each of them is chronological. I think it was a great idea to add months, days, and years to your stories because I felt like I was watching a documentary while I was reading your stories. I think my favorite story in your storybook is Saint Therese of Lisieux. I thought it was really neat to read how much perseverance and dedication she had to the church and the Pope.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Natalia! Wow! I truly loved the way you set up your storybook. I would never have thought to create a narrative like that, but it really drew me in and made me want to read more, so good job. I also loved the way you incorporated a bit of magic into the stories as it felt very Percy Jackson-adjacent. The lamp, the flower, and the use of personal courage were such lovely touches that all incorporated the characters of the saints so well! I also thought that the diary entries in each story were very well written. It felt like I was the one sitting in the small room surrounded by history and was secretly exploring. It was thrilling! You did a wonderful job with incorporating the original tales of the saints with some added drama and notes that people may not have known in the past. Overall, I truly loved reading your storybook and I hope you have a wonderful rest of the semester and holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Natalie, this website was so detailed and full of imagery! Wow! It made me go back to my own storybook and make some edits! I liked the story of St. Lucy and how you incorporated latin into your explanation of her life. The idea of using diary entries is also super unique and I think to most certainly added to the story! The story of Joan of Arc is one that many of has have heard about in our schooling but to read your twist on it really made me feel like I was hearing from Joan first hand. Ultimately, I really liked your page and I think it is one of the best ones I have seen so far! Keep up the good work and I wish you a great winter break!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Natalie! Wow, your website is so beautiful. I love the pictures on your homepage and all of the images throughout your stories. I think your website is organized, visually appeasing, creative, and it was fun for me to scroll through. All of your stories match the theme of your website and I always think that looks great from a visitor view. It was very creative that your website is based on female saints. What a fun and different theme compared to others that I have seen. I have really enjoyed reading through your storybook and seeing how organized all of your pages are. Great job and have a great rest of your semester.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Plant Lover

Week 9 Story: The Insect King