Feedback Thoughts

The first article I read was "Seven Ways to Crush Self-Doubt."  I am currently in the process of applying for occupational therapy school and I have felt self-doubt almost every single day. The strategies of what not to do in the article included things I was already doing.  I am always comparing myself to to other people and I am always striving for perfectionism. I realize that these things are toxic and will not help me achieve my goals. I catch myself having a fixed mindset at times and after reading the first assignment about a growth mindset, it has inspired me to change the ways I view things. 


The second article I read was "Why rejection hurts so much — and what to do about it."  It was very interesting and informative to learn the history of why our brains are wired the way they are when we feel rejected. I never knew that this mental process could be traced back to the times of hunter gatherers and wanting to feel like a part of the tribe. The author talks about how when we face rejection, we deal with it in the most painful way, causing more damage to our self esteem. Unfortunately, all of us are going to face some type of rejection one day, and learning to cope with this rejection in a positive manner is so important. 


I love plant puns. Image info 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Plant Lover

Week 9 Story: The Insect King