Topic Brainstorm

One of the possible topics I wanted to research before I started this assignment was Greek Mythology. The names of the greek gods and goddesses are very familiar to me, but I do not know any of the stories! I have never learned about greek mythology in school, so I think my story book would be a perfect opportunity to start. This topic is very overwhelming because there are so many stories to choose from. I am mostly interested in the stories of the greek goddesses, especially Aphrodite and her different lovers. 

The second topic I am interested in is the Saints. I am Catholic and I have always loved learning about the different saints and their life stories. It would be so interesting to me to research a saint or saints and write a story about them. St Joan of Arc, St. Lucy, and St. Therese of Liseux are some of my favorite women saints. An idea for a story book would be putting their stories into a format of a diary. 

Along with the theme of religion, I would be interested in choosing a bible story for my story book. The story of the Prodigal Son stands out to me, but I am trying to think on how I could make a bible story into my own and into a story book. 

The last topic I am interested in is Mexican urban legends and ghost stories. I have grown up hearing about La Llorona, and I think it would a good story to write about. In Mexican culture, there is a lot of supersitions. Some examples are "curses" called " mal de ojo" or evil eye. This happens supposedly when a person doesn't touch a baby. There are many other things like this in Mexican culture, so writing a story about each "curse" and how it affects someone would be a great story idea. 


St. Joan of Arc icon by Theophilia on DeviantArt
A picture of St. Joan of Arc 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Plant Lover

Week 3 Story: Adam and Eve Retold