Topic Research: Women Saints

Like I talked about in my other post, I am very interested in writing about 3 women Saints. The one's I am interested in right now are St. Therese of Lisieux, St. Lucy, and St. Joan of Arc. Writing a diary entry for each of them would help me learn more about these saints and also have a chance to tell their story from their perspective. 


St. Therese of Lisieux is actually my confirmation saint. St. Therese lived as a Carmelite and sadly died very young due to tuberculosis. She is known as the "Little Flower" because she saw herself as the little flower of Jesus. She has actually written her own autobiography, The Story of a Soul, which I have a physical copy of. Even though she is my confirmation saint, I sadly do not know much about her. I want to take this opportunity to write about her and learn more about her life. Source


I remember learning about St. Lucy when I was very young, and being inspired by her story. She denied getting married to a Pagan because she wanted to devote her life to Christ. The governor of Lucy's time was very upset about this, and wanted to burn her alive. Surprisingly, St. Lucy could not be moved by the guards and did not burn from the fire. She died from a sword to her throat, but it is a miracle that she did not burn in the fire. 


St. Joan of Arc is the patron of military and soldiers.  She is considered a heroine in France because of her role in the Hundred Years War. She has received numerous visions from other saints such as St. Michael the Archangel, Saint Margaret, and Saint Catherine to help save France from English domination. She was so young, and captured and when she was 19 years old.


St. Therese of Lisieux spirituality topic | Local | mtstandard.com

St. Therese of Lisieux: Source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Plant Lover

Week 3 Story: Adam and Eve Retold