Week 13 Story: The Three Little Pigs

The Three Little Pigs and the Wolf: Source

Once upon a time there lived three little pigs in a neighborhood with three houses made of straw, furze, and bricks. They lived very peacefully until they learned of the big, bad wolf who just moved into their town. The three little pigs decided that until he left, they would stay in their houses and not come out. "Don't worry friends, I have a great plan to get rid of this wolf." the pig who lived in the brick house said. 

The next day, the wolf came to the first pig's house, which was made out of straw. He knocked on the door and said "Little pig, little pig, let me come in."
The pig was very frightened, but stayed strong and said "Not by the hair of my chiny chin chin."
The wolf then said "'Then I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house in." So he huffed, and he puffed, and he blew his house in. The pig squealed and ran as fast as he could to the pig who lived in the house made of furze. Luckily, he made it in time. 

The day after that, the wolf came to the 2nd little pigs house. "Little pig, little pig, let me come in." the wolf said again. To his surprise, there was no answer. " Let me come in or I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house in!" the wolf screamed. Again, he heard no answer. So the wolf blew the 2nd little pig's house in, but no one was in there. The wolf groaned and decided that he would come the next day and blow the 3rd little pigs house down and eat him up.

On the 3rd day, the wolf was so angry that he did not knock on the door and instead tried to blow the house in right away. To his surprise, the house did not even budge. The wolf climbed on top of the house and found a chimney. He put his face in the chimney and said "Little pig, little pig, I am coming in!" He laughed and jumped down the chimney. The three little pigs were in the house and put a huge pot of boiling water under the chimney. The wolf fell inside of this pot and the pigs rejoiced!  


Bibliography: English Fairy Tales by Joseph Jacobs with illustrations by John D. Batten (1890).

Author's note: There have been so many renditions of the story of the Three Little Pigs that I have heard in my life. I wanted to make my own version of the story with a different fate for the pigs and the wolf. In this story I made the pigs survive and work together rather than get eaten by the wolf. 

Comments

  1. Hey Natalia,

    I really enjoyed reading this story! I liked the twist at the end, I think that was a really great way to end this classic tale! The only thing I would suggest changing is trying to add some extra detail or maybe some dialogue to help readers feel more a part of the story. I think you did a great job overall! Also, I love the image you chose for this story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalia,

    I loved reading this story! It made me think of when I was a little kid again! I find it interesting that in the story you read, the pigs didn't survive because that is the only way I've ever heard it end! I love that there are so many variations of a very classic tale that everyone has heard! I thought the way you told the story was great, and I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Plant Lover

Week 3 Story: Adam and Eve Retold