Week 14: Storylab Microficition

A love story. Photo Source

For this storylab, I read a few microfiction stories that were 100 words or less from New York Times. After reading each story, there was a picture and I thought this was the perfect addition to each story because it shows that the stories are written about real people and their lives. These story were very touching, and two stuck out to me the most because they talked about finding love even through the midst of a tragedy. One family had to evacuate their home due to the California fires and knew that they were in great risk of losing their home. They fled to the beach and found security in the waves, and realized that as long as they had each other they were always home. Another story talked about a woman who lost her uncle due to the Coronavirus, but she was thankful to have her husband with her through this hard time. There has been so many unfortunate things that have happened in 2020, and these stories have opened my eyes and helped me realize how many people have been going through something and that everyone has their own story. The pandemic and the fires have affected so many people, and I am very thankful that I am okay and I think of the people who are not. Even though these stories were only 100 words, they were able to be so meaningful and touching. 

Microfiction stories: Link

Comments

  1. Hi Natalia! Wow, I loved your post. Microfiction stories are my favorite and I think it is so fun you chose to read a few love stories. What a fun assignment to do. I agree that these stories are eye opening and made me realize that so many people had unfortunate things happen to them this year, including myself. But These stories are also heart warming and are exciting to read. Your post was touching and heart felt, which I loved. Great job and good luck on finals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Plant Lover

Week 3 Story: Adam and Eve Retold