Week 15: Reading A: Rumpelstiltskin


I remember reading the story about Rumpelstiltskin in a small children's fairytale book when I was younger. I always thought it was a little creepy how he wanted the Queen's first born child as payment for spinning gold. After reading this story again, many questions arise in my brain. Why would the miller lie to the King and tell him his daughter can spin gold when she can't? Did the King ever find out that his wife lied and did not spin the gold? Why did Rumpelstiltskin want the Queen's firstborn? There are many mysteries of this story that I did not realize until now. 

Bibliography: The Grimm Brothers' Children's and Household Tales translated by D. L. Ashliman (1998-2013)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Plant Lover

Week 3 Story: Adam and Eve Retold